With more than 1,862,240 cases and 114, 980 deaths across the globe, COVID-19 has become a disease with high transmission rate and severity upon exposure. The limited availability of literature on this novel COVID-19 highlights the importance of preventive measures among the people to fight against the menace. Knowing how this disease spreads and following precautionary measures can prove to be highly effective.
Understand how the virus spreads: As there is still research going on for the potential vaccines and medicines to treat COVID-19, prevention is the best way to avoid catching the infection. Following are the ways by which the virus spreads:
- Note to stay away from people by maintaining sufficient distance. The virus is known to spread among people with close contact (approx. 6ft)
- Through the droplets released when a person coughs or sneezes.
- When the virus contaminated droplets are inhaled by a person.
- Through excretory contaminations.
- It can even spread from people not showing symptoms
To prevent the spread of the virus, follow the below precautionary measures:
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds by following the standard steps.
- Maintain social distancing and stay away from both symptomatic and asymptomatic people.
- Cover your mouth with cloth or mask all the time.
- When coughing or sneezing use the elbow rather than palms to prevent the spread of the virus.· Frequently clean and disinfect your surroundings with bleach or any other good disinfecting agent.
To know more about how WhiteCoats can help you in your professional advancement, visit www.whitecoats.com