Effective on Dec 14, 2018
Thank you for being a member of the WhiteCoats, a digital collaboration and networking platform for doctors and healthcare organizations. With WhiteCoats, our mission is to help practitioners be more effective and successful.
Your information is safe with us, and we are committed to protecting it.
There is no further action required from your side.
ValueMomentum Software Services Private Limited, a company incorporated under the provisions of the Companies Act 1956, having its registered office at #Plot No 36 & 37, Sy No 115/1 & 115/22, Financial District, Nanakaramguda Hyderabad-500032 (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) owns and controls the WhiteCoats application (“WhiteCoats App”, “App”). The App is a digital platform helping various medical professionals such as doctors registered with Medical Council of India, dentists, physiotherapists, etc., (“Medical Practitioners”) to effectively communicate, collaborate and network using applications provided in various mobile and web platforms.
Capitalized words used herein but not defined shall ascribe its meaning from the Information Technology Act, 2000 read with the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 or Terms of Service of the App.
You acknowledge and agree that the Company is providing you a platform to post text, photos, videos, audiovisual combinations and other materials which you can also view on, access through, or contribute to the Service (“Content”, “User Content”) and to share User Content to users or groups authorized by you.
3. Information Collected by the App
The information will be collected by us in the following ways:
- To create an account on the App (“Account”), you must provide us with the required details like your name, email address, degree/qualification along with specialization, telephone/mobile number, location. You agree and acknowledge that, by creating the Account, we, other users and visitors will be able to identify you by your App profile. However, you have the option to choose if certain information should be made visible to other users or not. Other information requested on the registration page, including the ability to receive promotional offers from the Company, is optional. The Company, may in future, include other optional requests for information from the user to enable the Company to customize the App to deliver personalized information to the user.
- Once you have created an Account, you may provide additional information about your professional experience, educational background, skills, etc., subject to the guidelines issued by Medical Council of India, Dental Council of India or other applicable laws to you. All this information will be visible in your profile as well as stored in our network.
- We do not collect any Sensitive Personal Data of any of the Members of the App. In future, if we need to collect any of your Sensitive Personal Data, we shall take your specific and explicit consent before collecting the same.
- We give you the option to update your contact list on the App. Once you have updated it and your contacts are in our network, we may use the contacts for certain purposes. For example, we may send them invitations to join our App and also use your name as an already registered member.
- While accessing the App from your mobile, or visiting a network, we may receive certain information viz. the URL of the site or the internet protocol of your mobile device. We may use any of such information received in the manner laid down hereinbelow.
- We believe in making our Services user friendly and to provide one of the best platforms for you to interact with other Medical Practitioners. This means that from time to time we will keep bringing in/adding new features and accordingly we might need to collect some additional Personal Information from you.
- We have a customer support process that will take care of the problems encountered by you while using the App. After you have provided the details of the inconvenience faced by you, in order to resolve it, we may have to access your profile, groups, cases and other relevant information that we need in this regard.
4. Information Used by the App
The information will be used by us in the following ways:
- While accessing the App, we may communicate with you by sending you in-mails, notices or service messages which are clinically and professionally useful for you or for any other incidental purpose. The messages sent by us will be based on the Personal Information given by you to us. Please note that in the event that you do not wish to be contacted by us or you want to control and limit the kind of messages you receive from us, you are requested to intimate the same to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you invite another Medical Practitioner to join our App, along with the invitation your name and email id that you provide will also be sent to the invitee.
- We do not sell/share the Personal Data provided by You to any third party, however, the Personal Data and/or Content that you share may also be used by us for research and analysis and other incidental business related purposes, subject to not directly disclosing any of your Personal Information.
- If you participate in groups or case discussions, or share Content on your network, you should be aware that any information you choose to disclose using these Services can be read, collected, and used by other Members of the App. We shall not be held responsible for the information you choose to disclose on the App.
- You can use the App to search for other users or any information pertaining to a particular query. We may use your Personal Information to refine our search service.
5. Your Consent
6. Updating Account Information
We wish to ensure that your Personal Information is complete, accurate and up to date. The App allows you to change or correct your Personal Information at any time. To do so, simply open up your own Account and you will find options for editing the information you have submitted. Once you have submitted the revised information, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the same is updated accurately.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you will need to re-enter your original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the App.
8. Third Party Services
When you voluntarily send us electronic mail, we will keep a record of this information so that we can respond to you. We only collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form. Also, when filling out a form on our site, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. In case you have submitted your personal information and contact details, we reserve the rights to Call, SMS, Email or WhatsApp about our products and offers, even if your number has DND activated on it.
9. Information Security
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
While using the App, users may share Content that may contain links to other web sites or services over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other web sites or services to which you are redirected from this App. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites or services so that you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
10. Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- To respond to Subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- If we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
11. Confidentiality and Security
We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with the laws prevalent in India to protect your Personal Information. We seek to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and Rules made thereunder to ensure the protection and preservation of your privacy.
12. Data Retention and Account Termination
The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by reason of any disclosure (inadvertent or otherwise) of any information concerning the Account and / omission or inaccuracy with respect to any information so disclosed and used whether or not in pursuance of a legal process or otherwise.
15. Contact Information
Attn: Mr. Varun Prasad Vuyyuru