Artificial Intelligence (AI) is making its presence felt in the healthcare industry at a very fast pace. In healthcare, while implementing new technology as a process in one’s practice, many things can go wrong, due to lack of knowledge or human error during the implementation phase of the technology.
But, with the proliferation of AI and its advantages in the healthcare system, there are speculations that it will someday replace doctors in many areas.
- A total of 136 doctors participated in the survey – General surgeons (22%), Ob-gyn (15%), Ophthalmologists (7%), Dentist (6%), Others (50%)
- The majority of the doctors (84%) stated that AI cannot replace doctors in healthcare, while only 12% of the doctors feel it may replace them
- When asked about the potential challenge for AI in healthcare, doctors stated that it could be concerned regarding privacy and security (28%) followed by the reluctance of medical practitioners to adopt AI (23%), high initial capital requirements (21%) or reluctance from patients to accept AI (21%)
- 48% of the doctors stated that AI can benefit in healthcare by increased disease diagnostic efficiency and reduce the treatment time, human errors and unnecessary hospital visits
- When asked if the government should fund AI in healthcare 47% of doctors agreed to it, while 38% of them were not sure if it should be funded
- 29% of the doctors also stated that AI will be useful in the areas of diagnostic, imaging, targeted medicine, peri-op care, and chronic disease management, while 26% and 24% of the doctors feel it will be useful in diagnostic and imaging areas respectively
- The majority of the doctors stated that AI cannot replace doctors in healthcare but can benefit the healthcare system by increased disease diagnostic efficiency and reduced treatment time, human errors and unnecessary hospital visits
- Most of them also feel that the Government should fund AI in healthcare and that it can be useful in the areas of diagnostic, imaging, targeted medicine, peri-op care, and chronic disease management
AI can have a lot of potential, enormous benefits and opportunities, and is sure to bring many wonders to the healthcare space but AI replacing doctors in the future is still a sceptical thought.
Therefore, doctors can use this as a skill in future, while it can’t be a part of their medical curriculum, it’ll be beneficial for them to get trained and keep themselves prepared for future therapies.
To know more about Determining Doctor’s Perception On Diagnosis And Management Of Dengue, Click Here
To know more about how WhiteCoats can help you in your professional advancement, visit www.whitecoats.com