Constipation is nothing but, less than three bowel movements per week. It is a common problem and can be caused by the medicines we take, the food we eat and also due to some lifestyle choices.
But in many cases the underlying cause for chr
onic constipation is unknown. Below are the remedies to help relieve constipation:
1. Drinking more water: Dehydration may worsen the situation so consuming plenty of water helps in beating constipation.
2. Consuming more fiber: recent studies proved that people suffering from chronic constipation are benefited from regular intake of fiber.
3. Performing regular physical activity: Performing regular exercise helps in making the bowel movements and also reduces symptoms of constipation.
4. Drinking coffee: drinking coffee stimulate the gut muscles and also contains fiber that helps in reducing constipation.
5. Taking laxative: Taking the right amounts of lax
ative with doctor’s advice helps in relieving constipation. However, too much of laxative can upset your stomach.
6. Consuming probiotics: It is believed that people suffering from chronic constipation have an imbalance of bacteria in the gut. Therefore, the consumption of probiotics through diet or supplement will boost up the healthy bacteria.
7. Try to avoid the foods that irritate your bowel: Some people are intolerant to lactose and dairy products, these products may also cause constipation.
Constipation is definitely an uncomfortable problem, but understanding the underlying cause and following the life style changes gets your healthy gut back.
Source: WhiteCoats (Only for Doctors)