The second phase of India’s Covid-19 vaccination started on Monday and the Co-WIN portal also started a self-registration process for the 270 million people eligible for these shots.
Under this phase, people above 60 years of age – and those over 45 years of age and with co-morbidities – are to be inoculated.
The government has issued a list of 20 specified co-morbidities to determine the eligibility of people who can be administered a vaccine shot on priority.
If someone is more than 45 years old and suffers any of the below-listed conditions will be eligible for the shot. Here is the full list of specified co-morbidities:
1. Heart failure with hospital admission in the past year.
2. Post cardiac transplant/ Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD).
3. Significant left ventricular systolic dysfunction (LVEF < 40%).
4. Moderate or severe valvular heart disease.
5. Congenital heart disease with severe PAH or Idiopathic PAH.
6. Coronary artery disease with past CABG/ PTCA/ MI And hypertension/diabetes on treatment.
7. Angina and hypertension/ diabetes treatment.
8. CT/MRI documented stroke and hypertension/diabetes on treatment.
9. Pulmonary artery hypertension and hypertension/diabetes on treatment
10. Diabetes (>10 years or with complication) and hypertension on treatment
11. Kidney/Liver/Hematopoietic stem cell transplant: Recipient/on wait-list
12. End-stage kidney disease on haemodialysis/CAPD
13. Current prolonged use of oral corticosteroids/immunosuppressant medications.
14. Decompensated cirrhosis.
15. Severe respiratory disease with hospitalisations in last two years/ FEVI <50%.
17. Diagnosis of any solid cancer on or after July 1, 2020, OR currently on any cancer therapy.
18. Sickle Cell Disease/Bone marrow failure/Aplastic Anemia/Thalassemia Major
19. Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases/HIV infection
20. Persons with disabilities due to intellectual disabilities/muscular dystrophy/acid attack with involvement of respiratory system/Persons with disabilities having high support needs/multiple disabilities including deaf-blindness.
If you meet any of the above-mentioned criteria, immediately register yourself to get a shot.
Click Here to access the government registration portal
Share this information with your patients to bring more awareness about COVID Vaccination Phase-II Drive.
To know more about ‘List Of Things You Can Do When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated’, Click Here To know more about how WhiteCoats can help you in your professional advancement, visit www.whitecoats.com Want to set up an online consultation for your practice, Click Here